20 Questions With 1LoveTO
There’s something infectious about 1LoveT.O that’s beyond their parties (which are really really well attended by hot women and men in the know, not to mention the hip hop high crust of Toronto). Just the slogan, “The world in 1 city” gets us all gooey and lovey for Toronto. Co-founder and resident white guy, Brock (it’s like “Cher”, no first, no last, just Brock) took our 20 Qs. You can keep an eye out out for party haps and info on their pop-up shop coming at the end of February by following them on Twitter @1LOVETO. Enjoy!
1. What is your dream of happiness?
Happiness to me means doing what you love to do.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
Brunette (no lace front wigs)
3. What is the quality you like most in a person?
4. What do you fear most?
5. 808s or 909s?
6. What’s your biggest regret?
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
Revival on College Street. I’ve spent the last 5 years of my life throwing parties there. I love the staff, the owners and the patrons… it’s like one big family! Some of my favourite memories have happened in that venue. I’ve seen everything from my friends getting married, to people puking their guts out… what’s not to love?!
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
Metallica, Billie Holiday, Michael Jackson
10. What is your favorite decade in music?
90′s hip-hop, r&b and reggae.
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
I’d rather go blind. If I couldn’t listen to music, I don’t know what would inspire me
12. How old is too old?
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
I see myself continuing my efforts to help my community. 1 LOVE T.O.
14. Who’s your hero?
15. What’s your favourite colour?
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
Black Street – “No Diggity”
17. Metallica or Madonna?
18. What’s your most hated vice?
Drinking too much.
19. Who is the most tragic figure in history?
There are too many tragic stories to name one.
20. What are the top three live shows you’ve seen in your life?
Beastie Boys (1998 at Molson Park in Barrie), OVO Fest with Drake, Jay-Z, Eminem, Bun B, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross, Fabolous, Kardinal Offishall, and City & Colour