20 Questions with Bright Future
We’ve wet your lips a lil bit previously about Bright Future aka Frank Midnite, and now we’re giving you a deeper look into his brain, and what influences him to create such nostalgic post-punk music. Having recently released THIS TIME IS OURS, an EP of 5 songs mastered from his solo album Blue//Black, Bight Future’s sound has become more defined and leaves you feeling lost in space without the worry of being…lost in space. Get into Frank’s head then listen to Bright Future to really feel how honest it is.
1. What is your dream of happiness?
A place where everyone is happy, everyone is real, and money doesn’t exist.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
3. What is the quality you like most in a person?
Authenticity, sincerity & real talk. Everything else is secondary.
4. What do you fear most?
not being able to pay rent.
5. 808s or 909s?
Honestly, both. I have a 909, but you can’t have yin without the yang.
6. What’s your biggest regret?
Not buying an 808 in 2003 when they were only going for $400.
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
To be totally honest, I’ll take the forests of Santa Cruz, CA over any
bar/club any day.
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Unspoken dreams of light, surrendering to true love.
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
Joy Division/ Fas Gadget (tie), Jay Dilla, and ABBA
10. What is your favorite decade in music?
My favorite sound is between 1975 an 1985, but there’s so much good
shit in all decades, just keep digging.
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
Deaf, sometimes I wish I didn’t have to speak or listen to anyone..
At the end of the day i’m a visual guy.
12. How old is too old?
When you start wearing new balances…
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
Hopefully somewhere focused and peaceful.
14. Who’s your hero?
Spider-Man // The Scarlet Spider
15. What’s your favourite colour?
black with wood paneling
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
Pitbull -give me everything – barely beating out Nickleback, there is
so much bad shit on the radio that all sounds the same. Really??
17. Metallica or Madonna?
18. What’s your most hated vice?
Facebook and Twitter are both doing more harm than good to our generation.
19. Who is the most tragic figure in history?
20. What are the top three live shows you’ve seen in your life?
Life changers were The Cure, The Rapture, and Glass Candy.