20 Questions with Said Yassin of Dudebox
Dudebox, dubbed Toronto’s socially conscious party people, are a group of rad dudes who throw raging parties in the name of a good cause. Each event is held for a specific charity, people go out, enjoy the night and give something back to the community in a way that inspires people to do what they love most in a socially acceptable way.
In the meantime, Said Yassin of Dudebox was kind enough to fill out our 20 Questions this week:
1. What is your dream of happiness?
Being able to travel the world, cook food and volunteer as much as possible.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
i like girls with hair. so i guess i go both ways.
3. What is the quality you like most in a person?
Selflessness. I like when people care about each other.
4. What do you fear most?
going bald and not having the financial stability to sporadically buy my friends lunches or pay for them to get the hair and nails done when I run into them at the salon.
5. 808s or 909s?
808′s all day
6. What’s your biggest regret?
Not having seen enough of the world. I’m 26 now and the furthest place I’ve been was Kansas in 97. We drove there and it wasn’t fun.
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
Anywhere bar in London Ontario, I grew up there and when I go back all the university kids think I’m either Tyler the Creator or Andre 3000 ( I look like neither) so people treat me like I’m a big deal.
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
3 way tie. wireless internet, super sharp knives and jean jackets
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
biggie smalls (he’s the illest) curtis mayfield and mr purple rain
10. What is your favorite decade in music?
the 90′s, specifically early 90′s hip hop. Illmatic and Midnight Marauders
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
I’d rather go deaf. I have to look fly all the time and I’m already to clumsy to be blind.
12. How old is too old?
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
Owning a hole in the wall resturant that the community apperciates. And driving a cab on the weekends.
14. Who’s your hero?
my mother and Hakeem Olajuwon
15. What’s your favourite colour?
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
that song by Journey or Living on a Prayer by whoever sings it.
17. Metallica or Madonna?
Neither. maybe Madonna
18. What’s your most hated vice?
I really like candy and my teeth are so messed up, but I can’t stop myself.
19. Who is the most tragic figure in history?
Raven Simone, she peaked at 6 years old then everything went down hill
20. What are the top three live shows you’ve seen in your life?
The Roots, Pharcyde and A Tribe Called Quest ( for the tribe show, I got a ticket from a friend an hour before the show, then when i got to the show I found a ticket on the ground and sold it to a scalper for 3x times the amount, then lost all my friends when I got into the show but then made friends with 6 Asian guys who spoke no English and partied with them