20 Questions with Yelawolf
With a quick stop at Community 54 in Parkdale to snack on cupcakes and Redbull, Yelawolf hit Toronto to perform at the Phoenix Concert Theatre to a sold out crowd on Saturday night. One of the most genuine and humble artist to cross my path, Yelawolf has the most intoxicating energy I’ve ever seen. And in the courtyard at Community 54, he gave me 20 snippets of his mind. Read the full interview below (minus one omitted response as requested by his manager, and 2 omitted responses due to a faulty recorder :/ ).
1. What is your dream of happiness?
Big Cabin in the woods, private skate park, motorcycles, and a lake.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
3. What is the quality you like most in a person?
4. What do you fear most?
I guess nothing specific
5. 808s or 909s?
Depends on what record. 808s is always the go-to but 909s work too…808s
6. What’s your biggest regret?
Hurting people i care about.
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
Max Fish, New York City
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
That’s too sappy, next question.
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
Jim Morrison, Johnny Cash, Jimi Hendrix
10. What is your favourite decade in music?
The 90s was really influential to me but the 70s had the best music hands down ever.
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
Deaf. I’d rather see the people I care about and I think i could get around not hearing.
12. How old is too old?
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
Big House on the lake. Motorcycles. Skate Park…
14. Who’s your hero?
Papa Hall, Uncle Buddy. Both of those two dudes are the best.
15. What’s your favourite colour?
Solid Black. Solid Red.
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
It wouldn’t bother me not to hear the Mr. Rogers jingle. I don’t think I would miss it. Other than that, if a song annoys me, I listen to it over and over again.
17. Metallica or Madonna?
Metallica. Hands down.