Ask Mica: Frosh Weakness
Good for you girl! In 30 years you can already count yourself pro-cougar. So many people always want to know what it’s like to be with a younger person and you crossed that threshold in less than seven days.
Here’s what you need to figure out:
1. Is he texting you because he really is that into you? Or did you take his V-card/promise you’d take him around?
2. Are you digging his brother and that’s why you feel skeezy? Or are you being nice/sensitive?
3. Is his age actually a problem (but you’re still interested) or is it just the fact that you didn’t bother to ask before you bedded the boy?
Here’s my take for you on the above:
1. If he’s truly into you, are you into him? If so, I say go for it. If you think this is just froshie adoration, just text him back and let him know you’re super cray with school, but that when things slow down you’ll get in touch. If it’s just a crush he’ll be too busy knocking boots with the other first year girls to even remember his sexy team leader.
2. If you like the big bro-ski and actually see something happening with him, realize that it will come out eventually. Boys are worse than girls with that kind of stuff. If you try to make a move this year, don’t tell him outright, but wait until you think he’ll be able to realize it was a drunken collegiate mistake.
3. If you’re feeling slut-ish, don’t. You’re a grown woman and you can do grown woman things. But if you do like him, give the kid a break. Age ain’t nothing but a number.
And if he’s immature/breaks your heart, there’s 1000000 other 18 year old boys out there who’d love for you to grope them in the back of the school bar to the tune of “Call Me Maybe” and then take them home. Me-ow.
Email your questions, concerns and qualms to firstname.lastname@example.org.