20 Questions With Martha Wainwright
Martha Wainwright has a new album out, Come Home To Mama, and she’s touring the great Canadian North in support of it (Toronto tour date is November 8th at the Great Hall). She was nice enough to answer the 20 Qs just before she heads out.
1. What is your dream of happiness?
Being with my family around a fire outside eating caviar and cream cheese sandwiches.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
I always thought blonde but now i’m thinking brunette.
3. What is the quality you like most in a man?
4. What do you fear most?
Losing my son in a mall
5. 808s or 909s?
6. What’s your biggest regret?
Not being nicer to my mother
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
They are all closed now. It would have been the Miami in Montreal.
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
I’d like to see myself perform in 3 stages of life
10. What is your favorite decade in music?
I don’t have one
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
Blind so i wouldn’t have to read these silly questions
12. How old is too old?
In the grave
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
Not answering these questions
14. Who’s your hero?
15. What’s your favourite colour?
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
Played It To The Beat by Adele
17. Metallica or Madonna?
18. What’s your most hated vice?
Saying yes to everything
19. Who is the most tragic figure in history?
Right now me